SHOWBIZNEST MOVIE DOWNLOAD Click Here!
SHOWBIZNEST WALLPAPER HD Click Here!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perez Hilton Punching Incident with Black Eyed Peas

Famous celebrity blogger Perez Hilton was reportedly had a heated argument with Fergie and Will.i.am of Black Eyed Famous which eventually turned into a worst-punching incident with the group's tour manager Liborio "Polo" Molina outside a bar in Toronto, Canada.


The incident happened on early Monday of June 22 at Cobra Toronto Night Club during the after-party of the MuchMusic Video Awards 2009.

After the much publicized incident, Will.i.am immediately issued an official statement condemning violence and insinuating the right for respect. Read below:

I will not continue to comment specifically on the incident that happened in Toronto last weekend� But I would hate for my silence to be misconstrued� I do not condone harassment or violence of any kind�

No one deserves physical abuse�
And no one deserves verbal abuse�
No one deserves that�

Everyone needs to be respected�
And no ones name should be slandered in the name of hate and disrespect�
And fyi��not every black man is a thug��

As far as character allegations made against myself,
The members of the Black Eyed Peas,
And members of our management�
I believe that the truth will speak for itself once the details of the events are fully presented.

Hateful slurs�
Racial or gay should not be used as verbal weapons to provoke violence�

Let us all learn from the events that happened in Toronto�
That situation has already taken valuable time, energy,
And attention away from more important,
And in some cases, devastating issues happening in our world.
Thank you�

Will.i.am

And Perez Hilton has this video below to clear his name on the incident and to shed light on what really happened during that night:



And others have spoken too:

Rashad Robinson, Senior Director of Media Programs at GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) : "These are vulgar anti-gay slurs that feed a climate of hatred and intolerance toward our community. For someone in our own community to use it to attack another person by saying that it is, quote, �The worst possible thing that thug would ever want to hear,� is incredibly dangerous. It legitimizes use of a slur that is often linked to violence against our community. And it sends a message that it is OK to attempt to dehumanize people by exploiting anti-gay attitudes. We have reached out to Hilton and asked him to apologize for promoting this anti-gay slur and we would ask media outlets to avoid repetition of the slur in their coverage of this story."

Pop culture chronicler Rich Juzwiak: "I just kind of want to throw up my hands (or in my hands) and call out this character, this persona, this online half-person for what it is: bad for the Internet, bad for gay people, bad for the world. I can�t help but feel like everything would be better off without him� I racked my brain and I�ve still come up with absolutely nothing positive or pro-social that he has brought to the world."

27-year-old American Idol champ Kelly Clarkson: "I gotta be honest with you, he�s gonna get a lot of flowers. I�m not talking about Perez, the manager. (laughs) I do not think violence is the answer but what did you expect? You can�t talk that much crap about people without being able to take something. I�m surprised it hasn�t happened already! (laughs) I hear that he�s mean to celebrities� kids. You�re hurtful to children, no one�s going to pity you. I don�t understand! I don�t think anyone should be punched but I see why someone would want to do it."

Fergie�s husband, Josh Duhamel: "When you get rich saying hateful things sometimes you ask for it. It�s an unfortunate incident and I hope it goes away."

The View host Whoopi Goldberg: "When you get clocked by the pen, it�s never fun, and some people, you don�t know how they�re going to respond to you, and you might just want to take that into consideration."

Photo credit: drinktheglitter

No comments:

Post a Comment